Pages

Artichokes


These are childhood favorites! It was a very special treat growing up when my Mom would bring these home. We used to boil them & eat them with mayonnaise (which is still delicious to me)! I have changed my cooking method and have added a few more seasonings to the mayonnaise… my children LOVE them and think of them as a special treat too.


  • One artichoke per person
  • Bay leaf
  • 6 cloves of whole garlic
In a large pot add water, bay leaf & garlic. Trim artichokes of their sharp end leaves with scissors. Cut the top and stem off and clean well. Add to steamer pan, place on pot covered and steam for 30-35 minutes. I really love to steam them because they don’t get water logged and stay a beautiful green.
Sauce:
  • 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (I use light but real is much tastier)
  • 1 clove of garlic minced (optional)
  • 1-2 tbsp soy sauce (more if you like)
Mix the above ingredients together. If you are feeling extra decadent… try dipping it in:
  • Melted butter
  • 1 clove of garlic minced (optional)
Dip the end of your leaves in the sauces & enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment