Pages

B.B.T.A (Bacon, Basil, Tomato & Avocado Sandwich)


I love BLT sandwiches! They were my favorite growing up and they still are. I make them much healthier than I used to but they are just as delicious! The basil adds great flavor and the avocado gives it a wonderful taste & texture. I use a par-baked loaf of sour dough bread and bake it right before making the sandwiches. It’s hot & fresh and makes the sandwich extra special.


  • Turkey bacon (or regular)
  • Tomato slices
  • Whole fresh basil leaves
  • Avocado slices
  • Light mayonnaise
  • One loaf of par-baked bread, baked per instructions
Cut the loaf of bread lengthwise down the center. Let cool for a minute then add mayonnaise to both sides of the bread, then the turkey bacon, basil leaves, tomato slices and avocado slices. Add Havarti cheese to really make it special. Pair with a bowl of Roasted Tomato Soupsa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment