Pages

Crepes with Melted Butter and Powdered Sugar


This takes me back to my childhood, spending the night at my girlfriend Angie’s house & waking up to Bill (Angie’s Dad) making crepes. They were so amazing!! Throughout my life, I have had crepes filled with all sorts of jams, jellies & lemon curd. Nothing tastes as good as the way Bill made them for me when I was a kid… melted butter & powdered sugar. Very simple but absolutely perfect. These are a great treat for breakfast. They are NOT low fat or good for you but it’s nice to splurge every once in awhile!  Enjoy.


  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cup non fat milk
  • 1 tbsp melted butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; use immersion blender (or whisk) to mix crepe batter thoroughly. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
Heat a small non stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and using a small ladle, spoon about 3-4 tablespoons of crepe batter into the hot pan. Tilt the pan clockwise so that the batter spreads evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Most people only cook one side but I cook both.
  • Butter
  • Powder sugar (sifted)
Remove from pan and place on a plate. Spread a bit of butter onto the crepe and then sift powdered sugar over the butter. Roll and place on another plate for serving or eat while it’s hot.
It’s fun to make, the kids love them and they are so good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment